Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fighting a bug & Recap



Sometimes, you catch a bug and that pretty much determines your actions for the week or weekend.  I knew that I was heading that direction, when I could not get warm and then I would wake up hot and stuffy headed.  Thankfully, I was able to just sleep and do little all weekend.

In terms of running, I am not sure what the race on October 1st will hold.  I will not race it and I might switch it down to a 5k instead of my preferred 10k entry.  If I have learned anything in the past year, since the craziness hit, it is to take care of myself first and run later.  Allergies are just plain nasty.

So happy running to those of you who can and for those of us on the sidelines, cheer with all your heart as if you were running!

Update - I really focused on getting sleep this weekend and by getting in bed early, I am feeling better.  I will be ecstatic, if I can run once or twice this week, but I am not pushing it.  I used to prioritize sleep in college and grade school, even when times were stressful, and I need to get back to it.  I am more efficient and my body is happier.  Also the temptation to nap during the day - which I stink at doing - is minimal.

Professionally, I have some deadlines on the horizon and that means I need to keep the motivation and concentration at peak levels.  This should not appeal at all during the work day:


Let's have a great week and be happy with whatever exercise we can manage while being ourselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment