Saturday, September 24, 2016

Starting the week on the right foot & Making the right decision

Sometimes it seems as if we are all alone and that talking about a problem or situation with anyone will not help.  We all need someone at one point to serve as this person for us, but recognizing that this person might change or disappear at times is necessary.  Or finding alternative ways to handle the situation can also lead to personal growth.

About five months ago, I realized it was time to make changes.  Being stubborn and struggling with the situation, though, I resisted.  In reality, the change began, when I transferred schools in college, but it got much more prominent, when I moved farther from home.  I did not realize it, though, until this week.  Recognizing the change and dealing with it, however, are two different things.  I had come to a dead end, but failed to recognize it.



In college, I deliberately started changing what information I shared and, it appears, the time has come yet again to be judicious with information.  I am not out to be the number one attention grabber, but I also need to work - again - on recognizing that I can make good decisions.  If your confidence and emotions go through enough hard times, it may appear to be gone.  In reality, though, it comes back, when you let yourself make a good choice and then make another to build on top of it.

Four days ago, a friend of mine encouraged people to join her in doing the 30 day plank challenge.  Today, she shared an article about why planks are so good for you.  Granted - I am not buying what the author said 100%, but I am feeling better about doing something exercise related besides walking each day.  Also - just participating on a team is always fun.

Reality is not always pretty, but being aware of it never hurts.  So - since I am almost over the bug - I am going to return to try and run three times this week.  One of those runs might be the race next Saturday, which I will definitely shorten to the 5k and I will not race it.

Happy Saturday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment