Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Gratitude and Running with Joy!

Hi There,

A few days ago, I actually published the link to a post I wrote a few weeks ago. Yep - that sums up how things are going around here these days, but life is good.

The Milwaukee conference jumpstarted a semi-regular return to exercise. I am not yet where I desire to be, but I am moving in the right direction. I got home last night and it was rainy. I changed into clothes, put on a slicker, and headed out. In retrospect, reflective gear and/or a headlamp would have been smart to have with me, but that's ok. I ran with joy and now my goal is to always run with joy, even if I mess up the eating and the results are not what I anticipated.

Phase 2 is going well with the students - yes, we are still figuring out how to make it all smoother for next year. This is life.

I stopped taking Benadryl last Monday and I started feeling better almost immediately. I was on time or early to all of my meetings and I confirmed that the poison ivy oil is gone from the clothes. Now I just have to decide what to do with the bad Poison Ivy area. Removing it myself is out-of-the question as I can still see the poision ivy spots on my body.

Overnight I advanced to 45-60 minute cello practices. Granted - I sometimes daily practices do not happen, but I am still enjoying it. I am working on incorporating dynamics and not getting Rosin (this helps make the bow grip the string) on my clothing. The sound is better and now I have to continue practicing optics and efficiency with my bow and finger movements.

2019 continues to be one interesting thing after another, but I learning - after many good chats - to accept what I can control (my reaction to things) and to remove myself or tightly reign in reactions that are not appropriate. It is something that will take time, of course, but it is nice to see some progress.

Fall is here. I have new containers for Oscar, who is my Spider Plant, and I am up to four new little plants. I am not yet sure when I will transplant them or if I will gift them to people. In my new planting area and the back, I am putting in more crocus bulbs and I am adding Tulips - so fun! I got them for a good price and so, if they do not work, I am not sweating it.

Tuesday Morning is dangerous place to go and check out these photos, if you do not believe me!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment