Sunday, November 3, 2019

Fall Foliage, Two Functional Cellos, Time Changes, and Flu Shots

Hey All!

The fall foliage train ride last weekend was delightful, although it was a bit steam on the return trip, because everyone thought it would be cold! I did a bit of knitting and I lost sleep watching the World Series Finals between the Houston Astros and my former home team the Washington Nationals. After living in a city for the better part of 7 years, Washington DC feels like home, but I am thrilled to have space away from the center of politics.

This week, I had a short week, which meant for some long days and yes I did watch the final World Series game. The Nats won - hurrah! My college football team beat one of my alma maters and I had a good cello lesson on Thursday.

Friday - I cancelled all my plans for the next two weeks and got my flu shot. I, predictably, react to all flu shots. The exception was 2017, when I got 3 cases of pneumonia in 9 months (November, January, June). I have decided planning for a low key weekend and getting the shot as late in the day makes the most sense.

Saturday - I did lots of leaf raking (2.5 hours, sore ache due to not stretching and little used muscles), finished planting bulbs, donated some items, and learned that my second cello is good to go! So now I get the opportunity (and challenge) of keeping two cellos happy and also making sure I can easily transition between them, when I eventually transition away from the cello I started learning to play in late July.  Some suggested that it might fun and different to get back into violin as I continue with cello. It is something to consider.

Sunday - I did some work and got in a short run/walk, which was fun. I had not gotten any running or much exercise in a week and oh did I need it.

This week will be long but, if I continue to feel up to it, I have weekend plan to try something I have been hoping to do for about 2 years.

Happy Sunday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment