Sunday, November 24, 2019

6+ Mile Run (gasp), Two Concerts, and more!

Hey All,

I completed my first run - over 6 miles - for the first time this year. It was not efficient and, yes, I did have the, "oh what was I thinking," reaction a few times, but it was fun. So far - the recovery is going well and my body is not throwing major fits. This is the classic reaction after I do anything over 3 miles, especially if I have not been running/training consistently. Maybe rock climbing and/or the Milwaukee adventures assisted in getting me to this point? I am not sure, but I am happy. 

Thanksgiving is Thursday - where on earth has time gone?! I will be hosting and likely not posting until something time next week. The big football game is a the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It also happens to be the celebration of Christmas with the extended family. Don't try to make sense out of it - it does make getting everyone together easier, though, and minimizes the holiday commuting from one house to the next.

I went to see the Dvorak Cello Concerto on Friday night and I listened to the Michigan Pop's concert on Saturday. My cousin plays the double bass, which I could not see particularly well, but I thoroughly enjoyed both performances. I have no problem at all attending such events on my own - Movies, on the other hand, are completely different. I would rather view those at home, covered in a blanket, knitting/crafty project handy, and of course a beverage. Right now, I am attempting to rehydrate, because I did a lousy job of it yesterday.

Where this finds you (at home, working - ok I did some of it this weekend - sorry, etc.), I hope you have a fantastic week and, if like me you must work some of it, keep smiling.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment