Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's Friday...not quite but close...

Hi Again!

Yep, I am posting two nights in a row and you can now express your shock.  Mimic the monkey's expression below and be sure to feed him bananas, since I am fresh out of them:


Sometimes ditching responsibilities, while tough, is the right approach to take.  Does this mean I like it?  No - it does mean, though, I am putting myself first.  Given the day I had, it is jolly good thing I did.  Tonight, I was supposed to drive 30 minutes, run with a group, browse running products, and drive back to my abode.  Note - it rained hard or steadily all day and I was not feeling the drive.  So - I went running in a new-to-me area and forgot the headlamp, bad me, but remembered the vest and got in a decent run.  After stopping, I checked out my garmin's minute per mile.  It read 12:07!  Now - you are correct in reading that this is slow and for me, yes, it is slow.  Right now, though, this is a pretty decent pace for me and I am thrilled.  Need a comparison, check out the picture I took after a run awhile ago:


While I have not been the best at consistency, I am improving and, better yet, I felt pretty great the entire time.  Yes, I can still predict - almost within .25 of a mile - when I am close to two miles, which tells me my current long run between three and four miles is probably where it should be.  

For anyone getting back into running, take it from me - it is worth it!  Push through those slow miles and you will return to running the paces you want.

Happy Almost Friday/Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment