Monday, October 3, 2016

The Blinking Light Brigade (aka early morning running is the best)!

A few weeks ago, I made a cryptic comment on twitter, which included a typo - sigh, referencing the blinking light brigade.  If this statement made little sense, let me enlighten you.

In the mornings, I wear the following gear a headlamp - picture is close to being accurate)

and some things around my wrist which blink.  I got them for free at a professional conference.  The vest I added after learning of a runners death and because I was living in an area with poor lighting.  Below is a picture of one, but mine is a bit less bulky and it is designed for runners:


The lighting where I live now is a bit better, but I am still not taking any chances.  When in doubt - be cautious, take it slow, and stop or sprint to safety if you feel nervous.  The headlamp sits more comfortably when I am wearing a cap or winter hat.

Also - I only wear headphones, when I am running on a treadmill or using an elliptical.  I don't like to remove my ability to focus on cars and my surroundings.  

After racing and feeling quite drained all day Saturday and most of yesterday, I am getting my flu shot today.  Since I usually react and have some other necessary but draining things planned for today, I will be content with doing 90 seconds of planking tonight.  The jump from 60 to 90, folks, was not fun!

Happy Early Morning Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment