Sunday, March 19, 2017

5th in Age Group - Recap of "Wearing of the Green 5k"

Today, despite planning with sufficient time, I got stuck at train crossings twice.  Being new to the area, I wasted quite a bit of time a)hoping the train would pass and b)looking for alternative routes.  I then arrived at the location and spent another few minutes getting all turned around, before finally arriving in the right spot.  Thankfully, I had pre-registered and getting my bib was easy.

The race started on time, conditions overall were good, and about 135 people participated.  I decided to not look at my watch, after starting, and just do my best.  My time was around 32 minutes and I placed 5th in my age group.  What a shock!  I am excited though, since I am pretty sure my time will only improve with the additional training.  All age group finishers received the following glass.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment