Saturday, March 18, 2017

Fighting the Pre-Race Jitters - Am I ready?

Hi All,

Last night, I did three things unusual for me in the days leading up to a race.  First, I bailed on volunteering.  The weather had been snowing all day and this was followed by rain.  When I left work, the sidewalks were nasty.  Yes - I felt bad about bailing, but my health and sanity will always come first.

Second, I got wine and had a glass in addition to my Kombucha.  Wine is a rarity for me these days, unless I am have company, because the Kombucha is such a treat!  Nonetheless, I have no regrets and it had been a week - not just for my friends but for me as well.

Third, I did not set an alarm and I managed to get 9 hours of sleep for the first time all week.  I was running on fumes and I need some extra sleep, if I was hoping to do get pumped and ready for tomorrow.  This picture pretty much describes my behavior all week long.

I am not sure how tomorrow will go.  My goal is to do my best and listen to my body first and foremost.  I will start my watch, but I will not be looking at it during the race.

All week, I have been keeping my mileage in the range set by my coach and I only look at my watch to see when I need to turnaround.  I am pretty on it regarding mileage completed before looking.

Odd change - my times per mile are decreasing on easy day/long runs and I am not making any attempt to do this.  Also, my breathing is not noticeably challenged or different.  Is this odd or what?

Happy Saturday and Pre-Race Day Jitters!


No comments:

Post a Comment