Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Commencing Buildup: Cue Exhaustion!

What can I say, 2017 is off to a wicked start.  After a 9+ hour workday, speed workout, and then time required for errands...I got to bed much later than I should have.  Getting up this morning was not fun and I crawled into a work a few minutes late.  OOPS!  I definitely wanted to the following periodically throughout the day:



This week marks the begin of mileage buildup.  Despite the frigid temperatures, I am hoping to get in some swimming along with running.  If I can swing it, I will resume evening workouts next week.  I won't deny being excited yet terrified.  I rebuilding my ability to go into potentially frightening situations and make it work as best I can.  It develops quite the nerves of steel for sure and I am hoping I regain the courage quickly.

I have an extra strength resistance band.  Now - I have tried to use it twice, but I am not sure I am doing it as effectively as it could be.  We shall see.  Friday, I might trying running and swimming!  If I do that, it will be a really slow swim I assure you, since my long run is the following day.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment