Monday, January 23, 2017

Listen to your body - Four Rest Days followed by an easy run!

Hi All,

Last week, I did a few things that I had not planned.  I skipped my long run (This had not happened since the holidays!).  I skipped a run on Friday and I skipped core work on Thursday.  I was exhausted.  I woke up in the morning and thought, "please do not let me get sick."  It took until Saturday afternoon for this to pass.  Sunday - I could have run, but I decided to take one last day to be safe.  I did some lunges and myrtl work.

Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have found a coach who gets me?  I am excited to support her, as best I can, while she works towards her goals.  It is neat to see how she can get my body to do things, which on its own I can tell you would not happen.  She also said my taking a few days to recover was perfectly ok.  So, guilt, go far far far away!

I am fortunate to have gotten some good news on Friday, which helped me relax after a good 3-6 months of stress.  Does this mean the stress will disappear?  No - it does mean I am heading in the right direction.  I am sorry I could not handle it and prevent the running from getting the worst of it, but that is my goal for the next twelve months.

Running four miles felt good and, yes, I felt my lunges from yesterday.  Myrtl did its magic and I feel just fine.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment