Thursday, January 5, 2017

Ear Plugs - Ugly but Essential

Hi All!

Happy Thursday!  I learned recently that two companies decided not to accept me as an ambassador.  I am ok with that, since I figured both were a stretch.  If you have not figured this out yet, I am all about the stretching, when it comes to professional goals and really in life.  So - I got a coach to help keep my stretching tendency in line.  I still intend to purchase products from both companies and, who knows, maybe I will be an ambassador at some point.

Last night, I finally purchased ear plugs.  For the past ~3 months and really since the move for the most part in late June, my sleep has not been the best.  Up until two years ago, sleep was never an issue.  As I get older, my sensitivity to noises has grown and my locations have not been the quietest.  I used ear plugs and slept soundly last night.  It was LOVELY!  Yes, I am using capital letters for emphasis.  Do I need to catchup on sleep?  Yes - I will do so by going to bed earlier and not by sleeping extra on weekends.  I can tell you that does not work at all for me!  Schedules - or at least the structure of one - are crucial for me.  On weekends, I am a bit more lax, but I am working towards getting more structure for waking up and going to bed on those as well.

Now why might I be talking about ear plugs on a running blog?  Simple - rest is crucial.  Some people can nap and use this as a way to get rest.  Others only need a little bit of sleep.  Still others (pointing at me) need a good 8.5-9 hours nightly or we are just not feeling 100%.  The point here is that each of us know what we need to get this adequate rest.  I am also using a white noise maker.  Adding the ear plugs makes the noise dull enough that I can sleep well.  Now - I am using my phone not clock-radio for the first time ever as a regular alarm clock.  This way I will not bother people.

This week has been full (Tuesday-Friday).  I am hoping tomorrow is productive, but I also hope to leave at a semi-normal time.  Numerous long days are in my future, but I am determined to start keeping Fridays as the semi-normal departure time and to relax on weekends.  By the by...relaxing includes getting in my long runs!

Be Happy and Enjoy the small things!



No comments:

Post a Comment