Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year & Ideas for 2017!

Happy New Year!  2016 was the quite year - mostly good - and yet I was ready and excited to get 2017 started.  The blog has now been active for about one-and-a-half years.  For those of you who are new, welcome and thanks to those of you who read regularly and put up with my sporadic posts.

For two years, the temperature swing (cold to warm and back) has gotten to me a bit over the holidays.  This year I learned that, even though I am not good at swimming, it is a great way to exercise all your muscles.  I managed two runs in ten days and got in daily walking and swimming most days.  Quite simply - on holidays, I step away from social media and (sometimes) running.  Thankfully, my coach was ok with this.  Oh and having a migraine did not help matters!

My unofficial goals for 2017 include:

1)Blogging more regularly and keeping most posts to discussing running goals or tips!

2)Starting to race - not just register and then back out of doing - longer distances (ie 10ks and half marathons).

3)Running more in 2017, but also making core work, weights, and cross-training a bigger priority.

4)Stay Healthy!  I have had a rough couple of years and this is my top priority for the year.

In the upcoming weeks, I will share some ideas for foods that are helping me remember to eat after running (I am bad at this!) and potentially suggest some recipes that are also working for me.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment