Monday, January 30, 2017

Why dogs are scary...or could be scary!

Hi All,

The first 2.5 miles of my run were uneventful.  It was glorious and slightly slick due to some snow and ice, but I will take it.

Then...an itty bitty dog started barking.  I am pretty sure the dog started barking as I passed the back of the house, but it only got louder as I passed the front of the house.  It came running out and chased me 10 feet or so past the drive.  It circled me and kept on barking.  I thought it lost interest and resumed running, but no it then followed me and continued to bark.  The owner, who was not awake, came out and ineffectively tried to catch the dog, who found a car and decided to bark at the car instead.

I truly enjoy pets of all sorts (except snakes - creepy)!  When I am running, however, I prefer not to disrupt the pets or the people.  Evening and morning runs can be done without doing this, but it is not necessarily a possibility.

It was not a fun way to start my day.  The run was complete followed by myrtl.  Let's hope for less exciting running adventures the rest of this week, eh?

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment